Having trouble with thresholds

Having trouble with thresholds

Hello. I've had an S5 since December, and I love it. Thank you so much for putting out a great product. I've had trouble with it starting March 4th when I upgraded to the firmware that allows selective room cleaning. That same day just after the upgrade, the S5 started having difficulty crossing the threshold between my kitchen and dining room and also my kitchen and living room. The kitchen has a tile floor, and the living room and dining room have hardwood floors, with about a half inch step up.  It often results in an error saying that the wheels are suspended. This has never been a problem before, but it's a big problem now. Do you think this could be because of a firmware update? If not, do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear RoboUser, sorry for the inconvenience.

It's not about the upgrade firmware, it's about he robot itself. Would you please send us some picture show us the threshold and also tell us the height of the threshold for our reference?

Thank you.

Like0
    RoboUser
    RoboUser04/24/2020      13:35
    @RR_Support:

Oh, okay. Thank you. So it's not about the upgrade. That helps. That means something has gone wrong with the robot, like you said. Again, it worked for 3 months with no problem. One threshold is 9/16 in (14.3mm). The other threshold is 5/8inch (15.9mm)

. Thank you for your help.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/25/2020      07:32
    @RoboUser:

Dear customer, thank you for your picture. According to the picture, we are afraid that because of the steep threshold and the wear on the robot itself, the suggestion of us is that you could put a cushion helps the robot climb it over.

Like0
    RoboUser
    RoboUser04/25/2020      23:14
    @RoboUser:

I cleaned the wheels with soapy water and a toothbrush. It's working fine now. Thanks for your assistance.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RoboUser
Welcome to Roborock Forum