S5 max map not saving

S5 max map not saving

My s5 max map is not saving. My house is 4000 sf so it has to go back to recharge and once it does and then goes back out the map erases. Never saves. Help!!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Ruby, Sorry for the inconvenience, we are afraid it caused by the size of your house, 4000sf is too large to save the map properly. Our robot is not fit for big house--larger than 2500-3000 sq.ft. It may not show all house plan on map. Thank you.

Like0
  • You could get it to work if you create a temporary barrier so that the vacuum can read the layout in digestible chunks.

Once you have the first bit, then split the space you have in the app to create a virtual room at the barrier.

Move the barrier back and get the robot to clean the virtual room (which is now bigger). Repeat until you have the entire space. Then merge and divide up the space into the actual rooms so you can target clean if needed.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/11/2020      08:53
    @CallumW:

Thank you for your suggest~~ Hope you have a rainbow day~

Like0
  • Hi,

My roborock s5 MAX is not showing any back ups? I have deleted all the maps and restarted everything. I just finished cleaning of first floor and i see only one map when I go to Map setting. It’s really frustrating. I have this working sometime back and I did everything to get back maps back so that I don’t need to move the device downstairs and upstairs but nothing seems to be working

Like0
    Robofrus
    Robofrus12/15/2020      20:50
    @Robofrus:

Hi,

My roborock s5 MAX is not showing any back ups maps?I have deleted all the maps and restarted everything. I just finished cleaning of first floor and i see only one map when I go to Map setting. It’s really frustrating. I have this working sometime back and I did everything to get maps back so that I don’t need to move the device downstairs and upstairs but nothing seems to be working . I called help desk they said they cant save multiple maps. But i have this working for atleast 3 months and my guess is i have accidentally deleted back up map and not current map. My neighbor and I bought same device at the same time , she had 3 maps and she is using upstairs and downstairs

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/16/2020      08:27
    @Robofrus:

Hello,

With the firmware updated, the S5 Max does not support backup maps anymore, instead, it supports multi-floor maps feature, which allows you create up to 4 maps for your house.

You can refer to the instruction below:

https://support.roborock.com/hc/en-us/articles/900002181666-How-to-create-multiple-maps-for-multi-level-house-

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ruby
Welcome to Roborock Forum