Roborock S50 Cliff sensor error

Roborock S50 Cliff sensor error

One day, my S50 stopped working. When you try to turn it on, you hear an error 4 message about a defective cliff sensor. The S50 was not mechanically damaged, the message appeared suddenly.

I bought a vacuum cleaner in China and now the seller doesn't want to fix it. 

Do you know any way around this problem? How can you fix it? Is it possible to upgrade the system to turn off the cliff sensors?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Bartoszsin, sorry for the inconvenience

If robot says error 4 cliff sensor error, test if error only happens on carpet, not on hard floor.

Could you also send us a video to our support@roborock.com to show the problem?

It is suggested to upload the video online like google drive and send us the video link if the video is large. (remember add our address to list to access video)

Like0
    bartoszsin
    bartoszsin05/05/2020      10:40
    @RR_Support:

The robot does not work on every surface whether it is a floor or a carpet. It was also checked on different surface colors (light/ dark/ patterned). I sent photos and video by e-mail.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/06/2020      07:07
    @bartoszsin:

Thank you for your reply, our support team will reply you according to the real situation. Thank you.

Like0
  • Hello, I have the same problem with my roborock s50

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/12/2020      08:27
    @S3artez:

HI S3artez, Sorry for the inconvenience. May I suggest you send the details to our support@roborock.com? Thank you.

Like0
  • I'm receiving error The cliff sensor is not functioning properly but only on carper

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/28/2022      17:19
    @Alex:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. May I know the color of the carpet?Is it dark color?

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bartoszsin
Welcome to Roborock Forum