S5 Max No Mop Zone

S5 Max No Mop Zone

I set my bedroom to a 'no mop zone' as it is carpet. My bathroom on the other side of my bedroom is tile. So when I put the mop pad on, and instructed the vacuum to go clean the master bathroom, it sat in one spot stuck and would not travel to the bathroom. It eventually would "end cleaning as could not reach specified room". I then removed the "no mop zone" of my bedroom, and the S5 Max finally traveled to the master bathroom. Is this as designed? or a bug. I would think it could travel to the specified room and just not mop that carpet. Thanks for listening.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Abrookerhs, we guess the robot can't reach the specified room because the " no mop zone " is in the way to your bathroom, correct? For this kind of situation, you could remove the water tank deactivate the " no mop zone " or remove the " no mop zone " on app.

Like0
    EAK
    EAK05/12/2020      16:27
    @RR_Support:

Why not set the bathroom as a separate room and when mopping just clean that room?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/13/2020      08:19
    @EAK:

We are afraid the robot could not work in that way yet.

Like0
    Mikey
    Mikey05/13/2020      14:16
    @RR_Support:

I have all of my bathrooms set as separate rooms and have no problem cleaning. Your only limitation would be if you had some sort of no-go zone in a location where the robot could not get clear access to the room.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

abrookerhs
Welcome to Roborock Forum