Max duration of mopping, precision water release and avoid carpet

Max duration of mopping, precision water release and avoid carpet

I am planning to buy my first Roborock. I am debating between the s5,s6,s6 pure or waiting for s6 maxV. Vacuum seems pretty similar, so for my 2400 sqf house they should all be more than good. I have carpet, but I am gonna put ceramic wood-looking tiles everywhere in a couple of months, plus a few accents rugs. So I am mainly concerned about the mopping feature. I am aware its basic mopping, and I will have to do deep cleaning by hand once in a while, but I would like to have the following features:

1) Be able to mop 2400 sqf at ones without having to refill water and change cloth

2) I would like to have precision water release, cause I think it would help also with my point (1) above

3) Since I will have accent rugs, I would like to have the carpet avoidance feature.

I see that some of those models with firmware upgrade have those features, but its not clear to me which ones. Could you please elaborate?

Thank you

Best

A.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for your interest in Roborock.

You can refer to the pic below to get more information.

For S5, there is no switch on the water tank to adjust water flow, unlike S6 and S6 Pure. S6 MaxV uses the electronic water tank, so you can adjust the water flow on the app.

For S5, S6 and S6 Pure, they support no go zone and virtual walls, with them setup, the robot won't go there at all.

Carpet boost mode means device will auto increase suction strength to max when it is on carpet to vacuum stuff better. The brush could recognize carpet by feeling its resistance increased, comparing to hardwood or tile. The suction strength will recover to normal on hard floor when resistance decreases.

If the hair of main brush is worn, the carpet mode may not work any more as the robot could not feel resistance change.

Like0
    venexiano
    venexiano05/25/2020      20:49
    @RR_Support:

Thank you. Could you also articulate:

1) how the S5 max varies with respect to those please?

2)how is minutes gonna translate into square feet? So with 45-60 mins of the S5, how many square feet can I mop?

3) The no mop zone column in the figure you shared is wrong. And I do not understand what "no mop" means. If the mop is always attached, doesnt it always mop? I guess you mean that water is not dripping right? So I guess you mean no-dripping zone. Could you send me a correct one? Also: can I tell the S5 to only mop the bathroom?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/26/2020      07:52
    @venexiano:

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. We have corrected the parameters above.

You may have some misunderstanding of the no-mop zone. You could draw no-mop zone on map to prevent robot mopping on the zone. See attached picture.

1. Make sure map is saved.

2. Make sure water tank and mopping module are installed, or no-mop zone is invisible on map without mopping module installed.

3. Robot won't go to the no-mop zone on map when mopping module is installed.

4. No-mop zone becomes invalid when mopping module is removed.

For now, the S5 does not support no mop zone. If you want to mop the bathroom only, you can install the mopping module and move the robot into the bathroom to do the cleaning.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

venexiano
Welcome to Roborock Forum