Defect on Xiaomi RoboRock S50

Defect on Xiaomi RoboRock S50

Dear Roborock-Team,

I selected USA as resident, although I am in Germany, since Germany or something in Europe was not listed in the registration process.

On December 4th 2018 we purchased a vacuum cleaner “Xiaomi RoboRock S50”, SN can be given in case it is needed 

About 12 weeks ago the cleaner started to spread a bit of smell like burned cable during vacuum cleaning (no swiping), not so much, no malfunction, no error message.

Then we felt decreasing efficiency of cleaning and creaking / unusual noise of the fan.

Now, the robot stopped working with error message 18 "Fan malfunctioned. Reboot the system." (in german language).

I followed the hints to clap a bit against the robot from outside and rebooted. No change. I did several times. After maybe one minute the same error message 18 again.

We bought online with a german company. They asked me to directly contact Xiaomi Support, since we bought more than 6 months ago.

More than two weeks ago I contacted "service.global@xiaomi.com", the German support side "https://de.roborock.com/" and I posted a message in the Xiaomi App.

And I did not get any message on any channel. Also not after sending a reminder. This is creating the strong feeling, that after you bought a product of Xiaomi you will be alone in case something happens. If then a product for 500 Euro is useless scrap after only 18 months, I for sure will not again buy anything from your company in future as well not recommend somewhere.

Please let me know, how you want to proceed to solve the issue or let me know a valid = answering contact for the problem with your robot.

Thanks in advance and kind regards from Berlin / Germany

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Stella,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

You could try methods below.

1. Empty dust bin. Clean filter and dry it outside under sunshine for at least 12 hours.

2. Replace the filter with a brand new one from original package box.

3. Pls send us some pictures to show your filter.

4. Change cleaning mode to Max and put your hand close to vent to feel if there is a strong wind. See attached picture.

5. Did you clap fan slightly like video in link below?

Could you tell us your device's SN?

Open the cover of device and take out the dustbin. You will see a bar code on device's bottom(not on dust bin). The SN is under bar code like R0201S82418800.

If you have already added device to app, you could also check SN on app. See attached picture "info"

Could you send us purchase info?

Pls send us the purchase link(or screen of product listing), and invoice or receipt (file or screenshot) which shows seller's name, purchasing date and order number.

Note: Taken privacy into consideration, you can email us with these info included via support@roborock.com or support@roborock-eu.com.

Like0
    Stella
    Stella06/10/2020      21:20
    @RR_Support:

Dear Roborock-Team,

thanks for the first successful contact with your company. Hopefully we will solve the issue !

I followed the steps you suggested, sadly without positive impact.

In parallel I sent you the required information by mail to "support@roborock.com" referring to this thread.

Please let me know, if you need additional information.

Best regards

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/11/2020      07:37
    @Stella:

Thanks for your reply and info.

Noted that. Our agents will continue to help you. please keep in touch with them.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stella
Welcome to Roborock Forum