S6 Fan Speed Doesn't Change

S6 Fan Speed Doesn't Change

Our original black Roborock S6 worked fine for two months then began stopping in the middle of carpets with "brush jammed" errors. Tried new brushes, cleaned everything, no change.

We sent it back for repairs, and it came back white instead of black with a map for a different house, it couldn't do mapping properly, and the fan speed couldn't be changed.

We sent it back for repairs again, and it came back black this time, again with a map for yet a different house, and the fan speed can't be changed, it stays on low. The mapping worked properly.

It's hard to avoid the suspicion that your repair depot does only a cursory check of returned Roborocks then sends them back out again without actually fixing anything. Could we get a Roborock S6 where both the mapping and the fan speed works, like when our first one was brand new?

Thanks!

--Ted

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi Ted,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused here. We will do some troubleshooting first and try to fix it.

1. Does fan speed mean the cleaning mode? Could you please provide more details? You can send us a video of this abnormal behavior.
    2. Is there any error message/code reported if the fan speed cannot be changed.
    3. Clear the cache on the app or reinstall the app to give it a shot.
    4. Use cellular data, instead of Wi-Fi to give it a shot.
    Like0
    Ted
    Ted06/14/2020      21:28
    @RR_Support:

Instead of fan speed I guess I should have called it "mode settings." I don't actually know whether "mode settings" changes the fan speed (the suction) or the brush speed or both. The S6 is loudest when set to "Max" and quietest when set to "Silent". There were no error messages or codes.

Clearing the cache did not fix the problem, so I next tried deleting and reinstalling the app. That fixed it.

Thanks for your help!

--Ted

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/15/2020      08:28
    @Ted:

Hi Ted,

Thanks for your reply and info.

Glad to hear that you figured it out. If you have any further question, do not hesitate to contact us.

Like0
  • Wow. I can’t believe you sent your vacuum in only to get someone else’s, and in a different color, in return.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/17/2020      08:08
    @Bink:

Hi, the original unit cannot be fixed, so that we shipped a workable device, but there was a mistake, so we handled it by sending the correct model and color. Hope you can understand.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ted
Welcome to Roborock Forum