Roborock not accessing room

Roborock not accessing room

Hi,

I recently purchased the Roborock S5 max. The family love it but we have an issue that may force us to return it.

Our house has a small clearance between each room (~15mm). We researched this before buying as the stated ledge the roborock can clear is 20mm. Unfortunately, the machine refuses to go over these ledges BUT only on the way in. If we lift the machine in it to the room it gets back over the ledge with no issues on the way back to the dock. I doubled checked heights in case they were different on each side but it’s not. The problem is only on the way in to clean not the way back out. It seems very strange. Has anyone experienced this problem or has a solution for it? I can only imagine it’s a software issue why else would it go over the ledge on the way back? Looking for help as we do not want to return it but having to follow it to lift it into each room defeats the purpose somewhat.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please show us some pictures of the clearance between each room.

Also, you can send us a video of this abnormal behavior. You can upload it online if it is large, like google drive.

Like0
  • Have you done a general clean of the house with the doors to these rooms shut? If the map was generated when the doors were shut, the roborock won’t try these rooms, which may explain this behaviour.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Icesheet
Welcome to Roborock Forum