S5Max smart top-up not working

S5Max smart top-up not working

Hi, I'm finding the smart top-up feature is not working. My S5 paused and returned to dock at 20%. Despite only having about a 7 square metre space to finish cleaning the S5 had to recharge to 80% before it would continue to clean the 7 square metres. Using the latest Roborock App. Firmware latest update 01.08.62. S5 just a week old. Please help?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• the same happens with my vacuum.

I write on this forum about this but no help

https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/1929/ai-power-in-s5-max/p1

Like0
  • Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

How resume cleaning works?

1. When battery is 20% during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

2. When battery is 80% on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

3. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

4. When battery is 80% again on dock, robot goes to the spot where it left to resume cleaning.

5. When battery is 20% again during cleaning, robot goes back to dock for charging.

But this time robot won't resume cleaning even it is fully charged and will always stay on dock. cleaning is over.

Notice:

1. Robot could only resume cleaning twice.

2. You may not notice robot has resumed cleaning if you are not looking at the robot on the moment.

3. Robot won't resume cleaning on above point 2 and 4 if the moment is during the DND period(No Disturb mode). Please disable DND mode and try again. See attached picture.

And the S5 Max's resume cleaning feature will take the first five full cleaning data as reference to count the battery volume needed to clean the rest area. You can take some time to verify its performance.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rocket
Welcome to Roborock Forum