Error 14 Battery error s50

Error 14 Battery error s50

Hi, I have 2 Roborocks (an s50 and an s5 max), one for upstairs and one for downstairs amazing things and such a time saver. About 4 weeks ago my original s50 decided that it would come up with this error and stop charging. I looked online, found that I need to replace the battery, however as the battery in the s50 and the s5 is the same unit, I decided to test the battery from the s50 in the s5 and vice versa. The error appears only in the s50 and if I put the original s50 battery in the s5max, then it charges properly. So I am hoping that as this is not a battery issue, that some smart person can help me out and tell me how to fix this error so that the s50 will start cleaning again. Will try anything as it is annoying and would prefer to not have to purchase another vacuum cleaner, as it just over 2 years old.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Please be more specific about the charging issue of S5, like it won't charge itself at all, or it walks away from the dock even though you put it on the dock manually.

Also, with the battery for s5 Max installed in the S5, does it report error 14 again?

Like0
    Hydrans
    Hydrans08/11/2020      08:10
    @RR_Support:

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Specifically the s50 battery is now in the s5 Max. The s5 Max is working well and the battery is fully functionally. The s50 unit regardless of which battery is in the unit (either the original s5 Max battery that is proven working, or the s50 battery that is now in the s5 Max unit proven working) , the s50 does not function. Specifically, when the s50 is placed on the dock the unit says "charging" then the error message is read as stated previously, the power button has a red ring around it, the s50 then backs away from the charging dock and ceases charging, where it will sit and no charge. Again the battery is working perfectly in the s5 Max and this occurs with all working batteries in the s50.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/13/2020      07:40
    @Hydrans:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

It seems that there has something wrong of the S50.

May I know where you purchased this S50? If it is purchased from our Amazon official store, please email us the purchase info via support@roborock.com, otherwise, please contact seller for warranty service.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hydrans
Welcome to Roborock Forum