Device cannot connect to wifi

Device cannot connect to wifi

I've the S5 max and everything worked perfect up to now. I needed to reset the wifi but now it fails in the last part of the setup (connecting to the wifi network).

In the MI HOME app it works but I would like to use the roborock app. What did you change? Why can't the S5max connect to the wifi anymore using the ROBOROCK app??

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• I'm experiencing the same problem, although I have the S6 maxv which has worked flawlessly until yesterday. There was a firmware upgrade and I upgraded to 01.46.00 and today shows off-line and cannot connect to the WiFi. I have tried different WiFi with different security settings but it keeps on failing to connect. Any help on how to get it reverted would be greatly appreciated.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/22/2020      12:21
    @Sam:

Hello,

Have you figured it out yet?

If not, please provide the info below so that we can do further troubleshooting.

1.Did you try to reconnect it to the home wifi? If failed, please tell us which step you get stuck.

2.what is the wifi led indicator? Is it solid on or flashing?

3.Clear the cache on the app, or reinstall the Roborock app to have a try.

Like0
  • Yes, with the mi home app it's works and connects perfectly. I'm wondering if the roborock app will be replaced (or not supported any longer) by the mi home app..

Like0
    Sam
    Sam08/22/2020      00:48
    @Roby:

I've tried both apps and neither one works.

I also did a factory reset and that has not helped either.

Like0
    Roby
    Roby08/22/2020      08:34
    @Sam:

Hm, in the mi home app, did you set the region correct (to your country)?

Like0
  • Hello,

The S5 Max supports both Mi Home app and Roborock app, but it can be managed via one APP only at one time.

If you want to use Roborock app, you need reset the wifi first and reconnect it to the home wifi. Meanwhile, may I know which step you get stuck? Please send us a picture of it.

Like0
    Roby
    Roby08/23/2020      09:12
    @RR_Support:

Hi! This morning it worked again.

I deleted the Mi Home app and the Roborock app, then only downloaded the Roborock app. Then I deleted the s5max from known devices (the ones that appears offline). Then reset wifi and add it again.

Cheers!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/23/2020      13:41
    @Roby:

Hi Roby, glad to hear that it works again.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roby
Welcome to Roborock Forum