The Seller’s Warranty

The Seller’s Warranty

I bought Roborock S55 from AliExpress in February this year. The offer included 3-year warranty.

After 3 months my Roborock just stopped working (on/off button started blinking white light and did not stop). I contacted Roborock Technical Support I was informed about restart and then reset to factory default procedures. I did both but unfortunately these did not help, so Technical Support asked me to contact the Seller as they are responsible for the warranty.

The Seller was not responsive, but finally came back to me in June and asked to check in local Repair Center what is the part that is broken, so that they will send me the new part to be replaced. The Repair Center found out that the robot have some internal memory issue on motherboard and cannot reboot. Reinstallation of the firmware did not help. So the motherboard have to be replaced with the new one.

The several attempts of trying to contact the Seller, they finally came back to me in September informing that they would send me a new motherboard but I would have to pay the shipping fee of 50$.

I checked that the new motherboard for Roborock S55 Model: S552-00 is about 65-70$.

I feel this is not right that I would have to pay 50$ while my robot is still under warranty period.

AliExpress Customer Support checked meantime that the Seller sold the product with the 3-year warranty in the description while in fact there is no warranty nor insurance company supporting the product at all.

Please advise how should I proceed further. I feel, I’m on a lost position. It looks I will have to pay for everything on my own despite the fact I have bought the product with 3-year warranty.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dom
Welcome to Roborock Forum