roborock s5 : seems to be confused about where it is currently.

roborock s5 : seems to be confused about where it is currently.

Usually hasn't had issues cleaning. While on a cleaning run, it got stuck in a roll of paper. I stopped and restarted after taking the paper out. However, it got confused where it was, so I returned it to dock and started again. But now, it seems to think it is somewhere else. When starting, it shows the dock position as the vacuum position, but after 'positioning', it shows the vacuum to be in a different location on the map and proceeds to go from there. I tried going to a backup map, but the issue persists. How can I 'reset' the saved position so that when it starts from the dock, it knows where it is.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Adding pictures to demonstrate the issue. The bottom picture shows the position of the vacuum/dock when I start the cleaning run. This is the correct position of the vacuum/dock.

Middle picture is during 'positioning'. Third picture is after positioning - where the vacuum decides its somewhere else on the map and proceeds accordingly.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/22/2020      07:57
    @vasper:

Hi,

Thanks for your info.

Go to cleaning history and send us a problematic cleanup map, see pic attached. Please mark the actual dock's position and vacuum's position on the map as well.

Put the robot 1 meter away from the dock and press recharge button and verify whether it can return to the dock automatically; after that, you can restart cleaning and verify whether it works.

Otherwise, you can reset the current map and re-map the house.

Note: Please use wet cloth to clean the wall sensor and cliff sensors.

Like0
    vasper
    vasper09/24/2020      01:39
    @RR_Support:

No, it cant return to the dock. Is resetting the map the only way ? its a pain to remap the whole house ...

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/25/2020      06:21
    @vasper:

Try to change the dock's position to a more central area of the house, power off the roborock, then power it back on and make it return to dock. You may need to pick it up and place it close to the dock for it to work, then you can verify whether Its location gets updated on the map.

If it does not work, I'm afraid that you need remap the house.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vasper
Welcome to Roborock Forum