Network name and passwords - alphanumeric only???!!!

Network name and passwords - alphanumeric only???!!!

I just purchased the S5 and had I known that the app only supports alphanumeric characters in network name and PASSWORD, I would never had purchased it. It is important for home network security, to use characters in passwords. I know this because I am in the IT security field. You cannot expect your customers to compromise their home networks for your application.

Will this be fixed or do I have to return your vacuum???

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

Thanks for your email.

It is the reminder on Mi Home app itself; actually, the Roborock robot supports the wifi name and password with special characters included.

As tested already, it supports the special characters, including @ # ! % and so on. Therefore, you can set your a complicated wifi network name and password to have a try.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jc
Welcome to Roborock Forum