S6 MaxV seems confused with latest firmware

S6 MaxV seems confused with latest firmware

Hi,

ive had the S6 MaxV for around 8 months now, and I’m very happy with it! It saved us for a lot of cat hair and litter sand all over the house and just keeps the house looking nice at all time.

But lately, I guess after latest firmware update, it seems confused when it’s vacuuming!

first of all, it’s having a hard time finding out where it is. When we got it, it used to spin around 1-2 times, and then went straight to where it was supposed to go. Now it can spin around for sometimes up to a minute, go towards the room, stop halfway, make a couple of half-spins and then continue.

also, when vacuuming bigger rooms, it all of a sudden makes these “spikes” to one side... and then continues.. and there’s nothing. Nothing in front of it, nothing next to it, no excessive dirt that it should spot clean.. it just does it, completely random! (Screenshot attached).

and then when it’s finally done, and has to go back to the dock, it has the same problem as when it starts out. It kinda can’t find it that easily. In the beginning, it was almost like it just stopped and went STRAIGHT to the dock, under couches and everything, with no issues. Now, sometimes, it can’t even seem to find it, even if there’s nothing between the vacuumer and dock, but it spins around to look for it, goes in a different direction, tries again, and then eventually finds it.

But one time it went to the dock, but then tried to dock kinda in an angle.. not straight on! So I had to stop it, and physically place it on the dock. That only happened one time though.

I’ve cleaned everything in the vacuumer. The brushes, bin, all sensors underneath, the camera and sensors on the side. I’ve also used canned air to blow dust from the LIDAR. But it’s still the same.

also, it’s not using the mop, so just vacuuming!

what to do here?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

1. For the "spike", actually it is a newly-added recognition move which helps the robot to detect the animal's feces; disable the pet details in the camera function page will make it disappear, but considering you have a cat, it is recommended to enable it.
    2. For the recharge issue, please clean the charging contacts on both robot and the dock charger.
    Like0
    Kenneth
    Kenneth12/01/2020      21:20
    @RR_Support:

out of curiousity, what’s the purpose of the spikes? 99,9% of the time, there’s absolutely NOTHING around it or in front of it? So how does that deal better with recognising animal feces? (which is found all other places, where there isn’t any...)

and it’s not a charging issue. The issue is simply that it can’t seem to find the dock. and it tried to get on the dock in a 45 degree angle.. it didn’t even seem to realise that it didn’t go straight on the dock.

and also, sometimes it’s just driving around looking for the place to go, almost looking all confused about where it is.

everything has been cleaned. All sensors, connectors and the mop has been removed to make sure it didn’t cause any problems with the docking.

Like1
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/04/2020      09:33
    @Kenneth:

I see, we will forward to our RD team and keep optimizing it. But I have to say, considering you have a cat, we suggest you enable it just in case, and it won't affect the cleaning performance either.

Like0
    Kenneth
    Kenneth12/14/2020      14:47
    @RR_Support:

It is, of course enabled.

would be really nice if you could include cat vo-mit as well :p that happens more often (that the cat vo-mits a hairball on the floor) than them leaving feces on the floor (never happened).

one time I’ve had the pleasant experience of completely cleaning the vacuumer from cat vo-mit. It wasn’t nice. And with a 9kg cat, we’re talking about a decent amount/size of vo-mit/food chunks :p it should definitely be recognised by the vacuumer, but wasn’t.

and it’s not doing anything with the quality of the job. The spikes are not bothering me a lot, if there’s a reason. But the fact that the vacuumer, that went straight back to the dock, flawlessly, in the beginning, now takes up to 1-2 minutes to find the dock, and when it does, it tries to go up on the dock 4-10 times before it finally gets up there in the right angle. When you’re home and it’s vacuuming, it’s annoying to sit 5 meters away and look at a vacuumer that just CANNOT seem to get on the dock. So you have to manually pause it, and lift it on the dock.

and again, I’ve tried all the “tips and tricks” when it comes to cleaning sensors, charging pads, wiping down the dock as well, and cleaning every single brush and wheel on the vacuumer and not using the mop at all. Same same! Sometimes it’s fine, but most of the time, it takes it MANY tries to get on the dock.

Like0
  • I have the same problem with latest version of firmware. So I have to do a factory reset.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kenneth
Software Developer | Owner of Roborock S6 MaxV