Map orientation algorithm?

Map orientation algorithm?

I got a Roborock (S6 Pure) and have multiple floors. It cleaned the first floor and made a map, and when I put it on another floor the map was in a different orientation - but not consistent to how I had it oriented when I turned it on.

In other words, it was pointing east (buttons in the east side) on floor 1, and ended up making a map oriented with south on top. 2nd floor, I started it pointing north, and it made a map with WEST on top. 3rd floor, started it pointing east like the 1st floor, and the map has west on top again.

Clearly the orientation isn’t related to the starting orientation. I saw some 1-2 year old threads speculating about this but am wondering if anyone figured out the algorithm since then.

It’s not that big a deal (as long as it doesn’t mess up its map on subsequent cleanings as I saw some people experienced - I will see if that happens). But, would be good to know.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hintslara82
Welcome to Roborock Forum