S5 Max: Moving to trash before docking and without dustbin installed?

S5 Max: Moving to trash before docking and without dustbin installed?

Hi!

I’m happy with the vacuum overall, just a few nuisances I think should be fixable somehow:

My dock is hidden out of sight under my bed:

1) So after it’s done its job, I’d need the bot to go next to my trash bin for emptying the dustbin and washing it with water as per instructions.

2) After washing, the dustbin needs to dry. So the bot should be able to move without the dustbin back to the dock.

Anyone have a solution for this, as automated as possible? Buying a second dustbin is one option (given I can find those sold separately), but this seems software should be able to fix as well: just by having the bot move without needing the dustbin installed.

Any ideas?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hello,

There is no software feature can fix it; without the dustbin/filter, the robot will report error 9.

While, there is no need to wash the dust bin everyday; you can wash the filter regularly because there is a spare filter which can be replaced.

Also, like you said, you can purchase an extra dust bin for it.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hulerml
Welcome to Roborock Forum