Problem with Roborock 5S

Problem with Roborock 5S

Hi I have a Roborock 5S since two years ago.

All time it had been working great, but since one week ago, the cleaning pattern of the robot is not accurate.

It starts to do circles whit no reason, and "detect obstacles" where no are obstacles.

It calls error 8, but really it doesn't have an obstacle in front of it.

I cleaned all the sensors, cleaned the free wheel, I tested without the mop, but it is the same.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• How can I fix my roborock?? It could be a problem with the firmware or something get broken??

Like0
  • Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

If robot says error 8 stuck when there is nothing around it then try the methods below.

1. Remember, robot cannot be moved by hands or it will get lost in the room, and may say error 8.

2. If error only happens in one place, send us a picture to show what the place looks like.

3. Turn over robot to check if there is anything stuck in the wheel, and use hand to roll the two wheels to feel if they are too loose or too tight.

4. If water tank is installed, remove it to test if error still appears.

Like0
    Alex
    Alex12/16/2020      21:09
    @RR_Support:

It improves a lot without water tank.

I attached two images the first one without water tank anda the second one with water tank.

What is the reason of the diference with the water tank and without water tank ??

Like0
    Alex
    Alex12/16/2020      21:13
    @Alex:

I already cleaned free wheel, and sensors.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/17/2020      11:11
    @Alex:

Hello, ensure that there is no oil stains on the floor.

Try to change a new mopping cloth to have a try.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alex
Welcome to Roborock Forum