first cleaning with new S6. Twice it's stopped with 'main brush jam'

first cleaning with new S6. Twice it's stopped with 'main brush jam'

It's cleaning a big area that is partially hardwood and partially a very low pile carpet. Total runtime is ~1hr. Twice already it's stopped with an error that the main brush is jammed, and I should clean it. Both times I've found the brush feely turns, has nothing is caught or tangled in it, everything down there is pretty clean, etc. Both times it was just out in the middle of an open area of the floor.

Is it prone to this? Is there something I can do to avoid this problem? I'd hoped for totally un-aided operation nearly every day (doesn't get stuck, etc). Too much to hope for?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

Does the error happen on hardwood floor or the carpet?

If it happens on carpet, please send us some pictures of the carpet you use.

And please ensure that the carpet mode is enabled.

Also, please send us the device info and ensure that the firmware is up to date.

Like0
    AEC
    AEC12/26/2020      16:42
    @RR_Support:
    • both times were on carpet. I'll send a photo later today, but it's very short.
    • carpet mode was enabled
    • I'm sure the FW is out of date. It's currently running 3.5.41048. The latest version is apparentl 3.5.8256. I have attempted to update the FW a few times and it fails every time. The indicator reaches 100%, it says 'Updating...' and then 'Failed to update. Unable to update. Tap to try again.'

Like0
    AEC
    AEC12/27/2020      16:59
    @AEC:

update: after switching to the Roborock app (from Mi Home) and several tries I have updated the FW. I am still getting this on the same carpet

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/29/2020      08:45
    @AEC:

Ensure that the carpet mode is enabled.

If it is still the same, please email us via support@roborock.com with the picture of the carpet you use and the purchase info.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AEC
Welcome to Roborock Forum