Android App 2.3.26 won't connect S6 Pure to WiFi

Android App 2.3.26 won't connect S6 Pure to WiFi

WiFi connection on brand new S6 Pure fails using Roborock Android app

Version 2.3.26

No special characters in SSID or password. 2.4Ghz.

Right next to WiFi access point.

Reset vac multiple times.

WiFi connection LED flashes slowly.

iPhone app connects fine from friend's iPhone, so nothing wrong with the home WiFi setup. Trouble is I don't have an iPhone.

Tried 2 Android phones.

Fails during attempt to connect to home network, after successfully connecting phone to vac and transferring setting.

Router (Synology) UI shows device has been assigned IP address. 

Anybody have any suggestions?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Roborock support response from US: effectively "get an iPhone". Response from EU: use the Mi app instead

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/07/2021      11:31
    @k1s:

Hi, are you able to connect the S6 pure to the home wifi via Mi Home app?

Like0
    k1s
    k1s01/07/2021      19:47
    @RR_Support:

Yes, (with all it's bloated functions that I have no use for), but not the Roborock app

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/08/2021      08:35
    @k1s:

I see; you can use the Mi Home app to manage the S6 pure for now, the software features are almost the same.

Then maybe you can try to reconnect it to the home wifi via the home wifi in few days.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

k1s
Welcome to Roborock Forum