S6 MaxV: Not mapping certain room & drives in reverse against wall

S6 MaxV: Not mapping certain room & drives in reverse against wall

Hey everybody!

With an area of more than 340m2 we have a pretty big office. All on one flat open space. We tried to create a complete map, but it failed multiple times. Lately we tried to generate one manually by driving the Roborock via Remote. This worked kind of, but we encountered the following big issue:

Detailed Issue:

The last room on the left side of the Map, is not being detected at all. The Roborock will not measure it out and stops on the spot. Than it starts glitching around and driving in reverse until it hits a wall. There it will continue to drive in reverse against the wall. Even if we press forward or rotate the Roborock with the remote, it will still drive backwards against the wall and the Room will not map. You cannot stop it to drive reverse until we pick up the Roborock an carry it to the dock…

It’s only a problem on the last room and we are extremely frustrated by this glitch… we’re trying to get a good full and clean map for days now….

Information about the Robot:

Modell: roborock.vacuum.a10

Seriennummer: R0402S04406904

MI-ID: 6405674100

Firmware Version: 3.5.8_5156

We use multiple Ubiquiti WI-FI access points as mesh system to cover the whole office.

Find attached the Image of the map with the problematic room highlighted in red. I hope you can help us... Greetings from Switzerland! :-)

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• FYI, the robot doesn't fit house below.

1. Big house--larger than 2500-3000 sq.ft. It may not show all house plan on map.

2. House with few furniture. The robot is using laser to recognize the plan of room. Therefore, it needs reference object to locate itself. If the place is clear without some objects or no objects, robot will not know where it is and it will cause a lot of issue like wrong map, recharge failure.

And the robot is for household only.

You can try to move the dock's position to a more central area of the house and put some chairs or tables over the floor. If it is still the same, I'm afraid that the robot cannot satisfy your needs and we suggest you return it.

Like1
    Nick
    Nick01/07/2021      17:46
    @RR_Support:

thanks very much! It isn't that much missing so I'll try to move the dock a bit more to the left side. Maybe that could be an improvement for a future software update or so :-)

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/08/2021      08:34
    @Nick:

I see, you can give it a shot by replacing the dock's position first.

Like0
  • That's a huge map, it really looks like the software might not be designed to process maps this big. Besides this, by any chance are there any mirrors in that room close to the ground?

Like1
    Nick
    Nick01/07/2021      17:44
    @vanostav61:

Yeah i think the large map is the problem here... will try to move the dock more to the middle. It isn't that match missing for the last room. But the walls are made from wood and there are no mirrors close to it luckily :-)

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nick
UI & UX Designer from Switzerland | Qturn GmbH