Firmware 01.13.28 was another step backwards

Firmware 01.13.28 was another step backwards

I was excited to see 01.13.28 available for my S5 Max. I had every hope that it would put the map selection back on the home page where it belongs, and the logic for returning to dock would be better. But it actually made things much worse. I did a Pin 'n Go where the robot started from dock and the correct map already loaded, and it took a long detour (see image below). Why?

It still cannot load all four maps when I go into Map Manage. I must always, always "Retry" and upon retry it immediately loads correctly.

It can no longer return to directly to the dock. It wanders all over the map, and then eventually it gets within three feet of the dock and it spins and goes back and forth for a few minutes before finally returning to dock.

Let me again say that I had my S5 Max and it worked perfectly for the first six weeks before the prior firmware upgrade when the map selection disappeared. What was the last level of firmware before the map selection disappeared, and how can I go back to that and stay there?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

1. send us a complete cleanup map for reference.
    2. use wet cloth to clean the sensors.
    3. Change another spot to have a try.
    Like0
    TallerGal
    TallerGal01/10/2021      14:03
    @RR_Support:

Map after complete clean included below.

Sensors are clean. But we know the problem could not be sensors because you can see by the dotted line in my first post that the robot planned to go in a very wrong direction (away from the target when it would be very close, and outside a room boundary). A sensor would only explain if it had to deviate from its planned course.

It has been doing some very erratic things since the last firmware upgrade. It sometimes hugs a wall and goes back and forth. Before the last firmware upgrade it would take the most direct route to get to its destination. Also, I did a room clean of the room where dock was located and it left the room and came back.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/11/2021      10:13
    @TallerGal:

Hello,

We suggest you upload log to our server.

1. Put device on dock and make sure it is in charging.

2. Go to setting of device to upload log( see attached picture "log upload") so that our technician could analyze device's problem and give you a solution. After the log's uploaded, please leave the device on the charging dock for at least 2 hours.

3. Tell us the time zone, exact date and time when problem or error happened like New York Time, Jan 29th, 18:36.

Also, go to cleaning history and send us a cleanup map of pin n go.

note: Please email us these info via support@rororoborock.com. Please attach the forum link in your email.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TallerGal
Welcome to Roborock Forum