Roborock S5 no Wifi lights - not connecting to WiFi

Roborock S5 no Wifi lights - not connecting to WiFi

A few months ago, my Roborock S5 stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi. Hence, it cannot be controlled by the MiHome app anymore and is only good to do random uncontrolled cleaning. At this point, I am unsure what cleaning mode it is stuck on (mopping, what vacuuming strength?, etc..). I tried everything I could find on forum and followed the AndroidAPPConnection.pdf procedure without success. It's been hours and hours of research and attempts... All the procedures and fixes assume that the robot's Wi-Fi light works. At this point, I believe the Wi-Fi Access HW is out-of-order. Trying to reset the Wi-Fi does not generate any Wi-Fi light.

I tried:

• reset Wi-Fi holding the two buttons down and waiting for the light to come on (it can't change from slow blink to fast blinking or any type of solid or blinking light, there is just NO LIGHT!)
  • Factory resets. I do get the voice mentioning factory reset, please be patient, ... Still no luck.
  • My Wi-Fi is on 2.4Ghz, the SSID is in Latin characters, no special characters, neither on the SSID or password, Security is set to WPA2
  • when installing and reinstalling MiHome app, I tried connecting the the Singapore server, tried on the USA (recommended) server, my phone allows the app location access
  • when troubleshooting I moved all of the devices next to the router
  • my phone is an Android phone connected to my 2.4 Ghz network
  • when trying to add a new device after uninstalling and reinstalling the MiHome app, the app doesn't find the device (phone with Bluetooth on). When I try to add it manually by selecting Roborock S5, I am stuck at the step trying to pair to the roborock. If I push down the dock and spot cleaning button simultaneously, no light. I still click the Complete check box and get denied since it can't connect to the robot.

I would sincerely appreciate your help on my $570 appliance that only worked for less than 1.5 year.... High price to pay.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SR
Welcome to Roborock Forum