S4 Max - Scared of area rug

S4 Max - Scared of area rug

Please help, similar to the person who posted about their S6 - My new S4 Max will not go on the area rug. The rug is not black, and not thick. Video here https://youtu.be/0QOxRP1bVXM

Is there anything I can do ? I even tried manually driving the robot onto the rug today and it refused.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out. It seems that the bumper of the robot was triggered. It's possible that the edge of the carpet is kind of curled up. The carpet itself is not thick, but when it curls up, it'll become higher and trigger the bumper.

We suggest you use some tap to keep the edge fixed to the ground to try again.

Like0
    RoseyRobot
    RoseyRobot02/22/2021      13:01
    @RR_Support:

Thank you for your response. The edge of the rug is a typical area rug and not curled. I can't imagine that it is any higher or different than the robot needing to transition from a hard surface to a carpeted floor in other homes. If taping my rug to the floor is the only solution, then I will need to return the robot and try one of the competitors.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RoseyRobot
Welcome to Roborock Forum