Roborock S5 / Mapping issue - Rotating

Roborock S5 / Mapping issue - Rotating

Hi,

My Roborock S5 was not used for a while. So I decided to do a factory reset, upgrade firmware to last version (3.5.8_002034) and starts.

Everyting was going well except at one place there is a mapping issued, and the vaccum "rotate" the map, si after that all the navigation is weird...

See the screenshot below. I already tried a factory reset etc... no success and this is happing always when he pass at a specifi place. (See picture attached).

Could you please support me?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

The map displayed on the app should be vertical or horizontal which couldn't rotate. If it is in a wrong angle or messed up, 

1. Please try to relocate the dock. Make sure it's centrally located.

2. The space for the dock should be no less than 0.5 m wide on the left and right side, and 1.5 m wide in front of it. Many customers solved the issue by relocating the dock.

3. Then reset the current map and create a new one.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/10/2021      08:21
    @RR_Support:

As you're creating a new map, please make sure

1. Robot starts from the dock.

2. Robot goes to every place it detects in the house, not just somewhere. Please make sure the doors are open for the rooms you want to be displayed on map.

3. Robot returns to the dock (whose position should not be changed) by itself and successfully.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Duncan
Welcome to Roborock Forum