Electromagnetic field sensor

Electromagnetic field sensor

how to deactivate electromagnetic field sensor, which is no longer needed by anyone and causes only problems for many people?

Can you do the option (Do you use magnetic tape? YES/NO ) in the mobile phone APP? This way, this electromagnetic field sensor could be turned on and off without damaging the equipment.

Is it difficult to create such an option?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

To our apology, the feature you mentioned is not available at the moment.

However, we will forward your advice to the relevant team and will try to manage it in the future.

Thanks for your idea and suggestion.

Like0
  • I’m a new owner of an S6 (I’ve had it roughly one week). The S6 is a big improvement over my previous Neato D6 connected- it completes cleaning my large almost 200 square meter bottom floor without issue roughly 50% of the time. Unfortunately it has had an intermittent “strong electromagnetic field” sensor error roughly 1/3 of the time, stranding the robot and making it unable to complete a cleaning cycle (usually run overnight, so it results in a skipped day). I’m sure it is detecting a magnetic field (sometimes, not always) but the problem area is in the middle of the floor and there’s nothing I can do about it.

For me this issue knocks at least 1 star off the rating I’d give the robot based on my situation. If there were a software update that could reduce the sensitivity to this issue or allow the robot to works it’s way out of the problem I feel it would significantly improve what’s otherwise been an excellent product so far. I’d appreciate it if you could pass this on.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/01/2021      06:24
    @Petevb:

Hi,

Thanks for your reaching out.

May I know if the issue happened since day 1 or just recently?

1. Could you please check carefully whether there are any metal objects like screws attached to the bottom of the robot? See attached picture. If yes, please remove them and try again. Please send us a close picture to show the bottom of the robot.

If the robot reports the error only in one area, you can use an app to test the magnetic strength of that area.

Step 1. Search Magnetic Detector Lite on App Store (for iOS) or Magnetic Detector (for android) on Google Play and install the app.

Step 2. Move your phone from normal place to the area where the robot says error 11 to see if the level of magnetic rises sharply. Please lay down to the robot's height and move the phone to every place in the suspicious area several times as the app might not be very sensitive.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Adrian
Welcome to Roborock Forum