Voice Control Questions

Voice Control Questions

I'm considering the purchase of another Roborock once the self emptying bin becomes available.

I have some questions about voice control of the robot.

I would like to be able to define custom areas of my house and then be able to send the robot to that office via my voice.

These custom areas should not only be basic or predefined such as bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, etc, but they also need to be custom created such as "Reggie Area" and then be able to send the robot to that area.

Hey Google, vacuum Reggie Area.

Alexa, tell Roborock to vacuum Reggie Area.

Is this doable with Roborock? I know I'm able to do it with my current Neato. My Deebot will only do it for a predefined rooms and I can't create custom ones.

Thanks very much!!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Currently, our device can work with both alexa and google home. You can ask the robot to clean specific rooms via the voice commands. But how accurately the voice assistants can recognize the commands depends on their own recognition model, rather than by the robots. In most cases, they can recognize predefined names without issue. But for custom names, we can not be too sure about it. Hope this information can help you make a decision.

Like0
    PBusardo
    PBusardo04/19/2021      19:41
    @RR_Support:

Thank you.

Bottom line, you do support custom room names and those custom names are useable by voice control, pending proper recognition.

Any word on when your self cleaning bin is coming out?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/20/2021      05:11
    @PBusardo:

As for the self cleaning bin, we haven't got any updates about that. We suggest you keep a close eye on our official website!

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PBusardo
Welcome to Roborock Forum