Roborock S5 having issues with navigation and map generation.

Roborock S5 having issues with navigation and map generation.

Hello,

I have been using Roborock S5 for the past 1.5 years now and am really satisfied with the product and it gave me no issues.

However, recently S5 has been having issues. It is unable to navigate around the house, does not go to certain location at all which it never used to do earlier and cannot also return back to the dock.

I did a factory reset, to have it generate a clean map, but now there are issues with map generation as well. It creates a fuzzy map without clear boundaries, too many overlaps, etc.

The firmware has also been updated to the latest, and I have also cleaned the sensors at the sides, top and bottom.

Kindly looking forward to your prompt

support.

Thank you

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Can the robot start and go back to charge by itself? Did the robot report any error message during the cleaning process?

Could you send us a video to show the abnormal behavior? We believe a video could help us know what is wrong and give you a solution.

It is suggested to upload the video online like to google drive and send us the video link if the video is large (remember to add our address to the list to access the video).

Like0
  • Hi is this issue resolved? I have exactly the same problem

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/14/2021      09:53
    @Srikanth:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. Would you please send us a screenshot of the history cleanup map to show the issue?

Like0
  • Mine is having the same issue. If I restore back to the original firmware it works fine (granted I lose room cleaning). It'll work fine indefinitely until I update the firmware. Then it loses the dock and gets lost in the house. I've reset and done this many times. Ready to get a different unit and be done with Roborock.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member08/06/2021      15:23
    @Philip:

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Normally the firmware updates won't change the robot's map. According to your description, it looks like that the robot's dock position is misplaced. If the map is still fine, you can try the following methods to see if the dock's position will be updated:

Please let the robot start cleaning from the charging station, let it run for a while so that it's almost 1 meter away from the dock, then click on recharge button to let the robot go back to the dock. When it's docked, pls check if the dock's position is updated.

If that fails to update the location, you may need to delete the map, and start a round of full house cleanup to create a new one.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sh11
Welcome to Roborock Forum