Got new thick pile carpet and my Roborock S7 can't handle it

Got new thick pile carpet and my Roborock S7 can't handle it

I got some new thick pile carpet and it seems as though my S7 can't handle it. It tends to get stuck in corners, and spins and spins trying to get traction. It is also getting stuck when coming off the base just to start. Very, very sad. Anyone else dealing with this and have some recommendations? I love this robot and really want to make it work...

[UPDATE]

Based on a suggestion below I put my S6 Max on my new thick pile carpet. It didn't do great. I ran a full room clean twice, it got stuck in one corner on the first round and I had to readjust it, the 2nd round it finished but she struggled in some spots quite a bit. I gave the S7 another shot and it completely fails with the mop attachment on. At this point, I'm going to use my S6 Max on the carpet and S7 on our hardwood floors, our house is half and half. It stinks having 2 robots on one floor but I love the S7 Mop.

I might give the Roomba S9 a shot and see if it works better.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/21/2021      07:16
    @Kevin255:

Hi, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Would you pleas send us a video showing the robot's abnormal behaviour so that we can suggest accordingly? We believe a video could help us know what is wrong and give you a solution.

It is suggested to upload the video online like to google drive and send us the video link if the video is large (please give open access to the video/or choose it as "any one view this website can access").

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kevin255
Welcome to Roborock Forum