[Roborock S6] Wrong angle docking

[Roborock S6] Wrong angle docking

Hello

I am using S6 model since FEB 2020. For long time i had no issue except mapping near full size mirrors(which is expected).

It started positioning errors and it started showing dock in wrong rooms sometimes even unlogical locations in the saved map. This issue started maybe 6 months ago, I don't remember exactly. I tried full house cleaning after deleting all maps, cleaning all sensors and resetting wi-fi several times. Every time i did full house clean it worked, but after 1 room only cleaning this issue started again. On top of this "showing dock in wrong room" issue, robot also started "parking" with wrong angle.

Recently I did a factory reset and updated to latest firmware. I switched to "Roborock App" instead of "Mi Home". It was fine before a full clean-up. Robot did docking properly with only slight angle in the dockç Now after one full clean, I just picked up the robot to clean brushes etc. and put it back and clicked on "home" button. It did docking with very strange angle. Also when i click on home button first it says "positioning" and acts very strange for 10-20 seconds before it goes in with wrong angle.

I don't know what is the issue but when i remember old problems before factory reset, it all started with wrong angle docking.

I hope i can find a solution here. Pictures are below. It can go with right to left, ot opposite. there is no pattern in the angle it comes to dock.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

1. May I know if the robot can charge when it's docked in the wrong angle?
    2. We noticed that the dock is located next to a door. Was the door sometimes close and sometimes open? Have you moved your dock before the issue (have trouble positioning and dock in a wrong room) occurred?

Like0
    Crenia
    Crenia05/14/2021      12:28
    @RR_Support:

Hi

1. Yes, It can charge.
    2. Door is closed time to time but it is always open during whole cleaning cycle even if it is only one room. It is only closed when robot is idle.

Today, we tried to do room cleaning, first time after my first message. Robot somehow got stuck in one place for 1-2 seconds and after little bit help(pushing the furtinure little bit), robot got confused completely. It went to hall to clean up, but on the map it didn't mark it. you can see first image below. Also map has changed unlogically(there is nothing on the new grey area in living room).

when this happened, we canceled the cleaning and restarted. This time it had only 1 second trouble with one corner of kitchen carpet but it was't a big deal. Previously it can go otherway and continue cleaning. This time it just decided not to clean kitchen and continued other rooms. We had to start for the 3rd time for kitchen.

Also sometimes robot just can't go straight. This is new as well. Definetly something is wrong but i can't figure out.

PS: after 2nd cleaning docking was perfect. After kitchen cleaning docking was bad again. Nothing changed..

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/16/2021      01:15
    @Crenia:

Hi, thanks for your detailed reply.

We suggest you move the dock to another place where the surrounding environment won't change frequently. The robot needs to scan the environment in order for it to get positioned. It'll compare the environment with what's saved in map. If there's major difference, it's possible that the robot will position in a wrong room.

As for the second issue, moving furniture during cleaning is not suggested. That can get the robot confused during cleaning.

The third issue, the door to the kitchen room is half closed. There isn't much space for the robot to get through. Maybe next time you can keep all doors open.

The robot doesn't dock well. It's may be related to the dock's position. As you can see, every time when the robot comes back to the dock, it needs to turn around and then try to dock. Sometimes, there may not be enough space for the robot to adjust its position. If you can move the dock to another wall (see the picture below), the robot will go an almost straight line without having to turn around.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crenia
Welcome to Roborock Forum