New cliff sensitivity issue with rug border?

New cliff sensitivity issue with rug border?

Hi. I have been using my S5 max for a month or so flawlessly. After a software update it seems to be having problems with one very specific small part of my floor where it is hardwood and rug. There is a black border around the rug. All of a sudden it’s acting like it can’t get over it. It finally finds a way over the rug but then it gets stuck in a very small area without any physical constraints as if it thinks it’s going to fall off of a cliff. This is my dining room. The Robo rock went from being able to clean everywhere in the whole house flawlessly to being stuck in this one tiny 2’ x 2’ area that it needs to be rescued from every single time it gets there. This behavior coincided with the latest firmware update a couple days ago that I downloaded, but I also checked all the sensors and I’ve cleaned extra thoroughly multiple times but the behavior doesn’t change. There is another area of the same rug where it acts like it’s trying to go around something when there’s nothing in front of it, regarding the same 1 inch black border around the rug.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Thanks for reaching out. Maybe you can try factory reset the device to go back to the previous firmware to see if the issue will be resolved or not.

Step 1. Hold the recharge button for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2. Press the reset button next to wifi LED with a pin just once. Then the light of the power button and the recharge button will be out. When doing this, please make sure you're still holding the recharge button without moving.

Step 3. Keep holding the recharge button for 5 seconds after you've pressed the reset button until the light of the power button blinks again, then you'll hear the tone "Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait with patience". After that, you could stop holding the recharge button.

Notice:

1. Factory reset will disconnect the robot from Wi-Fi. Please re-add it after the reset.

2. Factory reset will make robot's firmware version go back to the original one. After the reset, you can check for updates to upgrade its firmware to the latest one.

3. Factory reset will delete all your settings on the device like scheduled cleaning.

4. Factory reset will delete every single cleaning log including every cleaning's duration, size, and map. The total duration, total times of cleaning, and total size will be still kept there.

If that doesn't solve the issue, it may not be related to the firmware. Maybe you can send us a video showing the issue.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

dbon
Welcome to Roborock Forum