How well does S7 fair with dark/black carpet?

How well does S7 fair with dark/black carpet?

Hi,

I purchased a S5 Max, but was disappointed by its lack of ability on dark/black carpets (it thinks its a hole and freaks out) this caused me to unfortunately have to return the item as it made the device essentially worthless to me. I loved everything else.

So I went with iRobot, and it works flawlessly with my dark/black carpets. Its just the software and the path finding is horrible on the iRobot.

My question is how does the S7 fair on dark carpet? With its improved vision can it now tell that carpet is not a hole? Have you upgraded the fall sensor to fix the issue?

Basically if you have, I may be inclined to sell this iRobot and buy a V7.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Theoretically, S7 can do better than previous models on dark/patterned carpet since it has carpet-detecting sensor. Would you please send us a picture to show the dark/black carpet that you have?

Like0
    smileboot
    smileboot06/17/2021      06:35
    @RR_Support:

Hi,

Here is an image of the carpet/rug. The S5 worked once, then every time after it would mange to make it on then start spinning in spirals, as if it was paralyzed with fear. It has blacks, greys and cream.

Like0
  • Any response on this?

Like0
  • Bueller?

Bueller??

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/26/2021      07:44
    @smileboot:

Hi, we apologize for the late reply. The carpet seems to have different dark colored-patterns. It's hard to tell if the S7 can work well on it or not.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

smileboot
Welcome to Roborock Forum