S6 charging problem is killing me!

S6 charging problem is killing me!

Hi,

We have been using S6 for a year or so without problem but lately the S6 has been doing weird things regarding charging. Here is the symptom.

1. It will find the dock and say "charging", but then it will become dissatisfied and leave dock.
  2. After repeating this several times it will give up, and say "error".
  3. Of course we have cleaned the charging contacts a million times
  4. Of course I have checked the light indicator (on when not charging, off when charging) and the connection is secure

What else is there to try? Why such an intelligent robot fail on such simple tasks (if you are already charing just stay there). We were thinking of getting another one earlier, but if this persisting problem cannot be resolved, we would rather go for another brand.

Thank you in advance for anybody trying to help. Just don't ask us to send pictures of how clean the contacts are!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, we feel sorry for the inconvenience caused.

According to your description, if the contacts are clean, and the indicator light works as intended, it's highly likely that there may be something wrong with the motherboard. We suggest you contact support@roborock.com to get further assistance. Please do not forget to provide you purchase info and device's SN.

Like0
  • I tried to email support but all I got is a stock response: clean the contact blah blah.

Where can I open a ticket where real human will look at my issue?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/28/2021      16:29
    @Eastwood:

Hi, thanks for your reply. According to your description, it seems that warranty service is needed. You can continue with their troubleshooting or send them the link of the thread so that they can suggest the next step.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eastwood
Welcome to Roborock Forum