Add new Features (No clean Area / Side brush off in carpets)

Add new Features (No clean Area / Side brush off in carpets)

Hi guys Im a new user of one S7 and I blieve that next firmware need be improved,..

we need the possibility to select zones that the robot does not clean and just go through it (by pass) ... 

we also urgently need to be able to select areas where the robot turns off the side brush, this can be automatic in carpets I believe ...

So this two featrures maybe resolve a lot of issues that I have with the S7 in my house, it always gets stuck in the carpets because the side brush curls up, and I cant set no go zones or virtual walls because the layout of my house prevents access to other regions needed for cleaning, so the use of virtual wall or no go zone is not a possibility in this room, this problem could be avoid if we can add By Pass area in the map, so we could draw no-go zones around the "by pass", this would create a kind of row for the robot to just pass through it without cleaning!

Maybe an automatic turn off side brush can be a dificult feature to do but an By Pass zone can be very very easy

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi,

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

We have another type of side brush with 3 arms that can handle some carpets better. Maybe you can reach out to support@roborock.com to get further assistance regarding the side brush issue.

Please do no forget to attach you purchase info and the device's SN.

Like0
  • Just received my S7+ today and was very disappointed to find out the same exact issue! The brush constantly gets tangled up with my carpet and it's a pain to free it up. From all the comments here I can see that this has been a long standing problem for at least over a year and I can't believe it's still not solved yet! Really really disappointed. I was very excited when ordering and this totally ruined all the good impression I got with this product from all the good reviews online. I'm thinking about returning it now...

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/28/2021      02:50
    @doniel:

Hi,

We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have another type of side brush with 3 arms that can handle some carpets better. Maybe you can reach out to support@roborock.com to get further assistance regarding the side brush issue. You can send us a picture to show the carpet so that we can figure out if it's possible that the issue can be addressed by the type of brush.

Like0
  • Please...implement this feature. I just bought my S7 and this issue is really killing me. I don't want to have to take off the side brush and/or have it not vacuum my carpet. It seems like a big miss here to not have this feature in the app where we can tell it not to spin the side brush when going over carpet or a specific area. I would really like to see this feature get picked up to be implemented...otherwise, I am considering returning the vacuum :/

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/22/2022      09:33
    @Sorry4R0b0Rocking:

We regret and apologize that the features you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future.

Actually We have another type of side brush with 3 arms that can handle some carpets better. Maybe you can reach out to support@roborock.com to get further assistance regarding the side brush issue. You can send us a picture to show the carpet so that we can figure out if it's possible that the issue can be addressed by the type of brush.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ederwander
Welcome to Roborock Forum