S4 started falling down the stairs. 2 years old. Cleaned cliff sensors did not fix problem

S4 started falling down the stairs. 2 years old. Cleaned cliff sensors did not fix problem

I have a 2 year old S4 and it just started driving over the stairs. I have cleaned the 4 cliff sensors but did not do any good. We have a short cream color beige color. Any suggestions. I have been an Engineer for the last 30 years in the computer chip and medical industry so I am good and troubleshooting and fixing instruments.

Thank You in Advance.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

There are anti-cliff sensors at bottom of robot to prevent the robot from falling. Could you please try the following?

1. Does robot fall down on the stair every time? Or it is sometimes?

2. Send us a picture to show how the stair looks like.

3. Put the robot on a table to see if it will drive down. Watch and hold it before it falls down.

4. Put a dark carpet on the second stair to see if the problem reappears.

5. Test at night without any light to see the problem will happen as sunshine reflection on ground may blind the anti-cliff sensors.

6. You could create virtual wall on the map to protect robot from falling.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MikiCab
Welcome to Roborock Forum