Changing direction of mopping with S7

Changing direction of mopping with S7

Ive searched rotation change for mop direction and its been "noted" by Roborock for several years, but its still not implemented? Why is that? It'd be really nice to be able to select direction of travel for mopping, and with their flagship model, you'd think it would be implemented by now. Is there actually a solution for this until the feature is added by Roborock?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Add me to the list of folks who think this is a MUST ADD feature. Having to figure out which rooms require the “x2” in order to get the proper direction is not a great implementation. As a software engineer, and given the really great features the S7+ already has, I can’t believe this feature isn’t already present.

Thanks for considering this.

Like3
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member06/02/2022      16:16
    @DanN:

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0
    AIEngineer
    AIEngineer05/25/2023      22:09
    @DanN:

"We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience", yet when I look up "mopping direction" this topic pops up over and over and over and is more than a year old. How about you actually improve my experience soon.

Like0
  • Hi, thanks for reaching out.

We've basically made the feature available.

If you select the rooms/zones to clean for more than once, the direction will be changed from horizontal to vertical or vice versa.

Like0
    Chriszimort
    Chriszimort01/16/2022      22:40
    @RR_Support:

This isn’t a great solution for me, and probably for many others, since I don’t want to do multiple cycles. In my house the Roborock chooses a direction perpendicular to my floorboards, which almost certainly doesn’t clean as well as it would if it went parallel to them. I think many people would agree with me in saying that we’d really like the ability to flip the primary direction in a room.

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/21/2022      06:59
    @Chriszimort:

Hi, thanks for your reply. That makes sense.

I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Best regards.

Like1
    DrJ
    DrJ01/21/2022      17:47
    @RR_Support:

I agree, this would be a helpful feature to select the direction that the device would mop. It always goes perpendicular to the floorboards and it leaves a streak across the floor that my wife does not like so we had to turn off the mop feature making it just a vacuum. (Not what I was hoping for)

Like2
    Load More >>
  • This basically makes the product not usable and I will be returning it. It vacuums against my floor lines and leaves streaks because of this.

Like0
  • I agree. It goes perpendicular to my floor boards leaving streaks. Please do an update that allows us to determine the direction the robot mops.

Like0
  • Although this isn't a perfect solution, try dividing your room. Mine was going across the boards too, but when I added the kitchen to the living room it changed the length of the room and now it follows the boards instead of going across them. I'm sure dividing whichever room you're having issues with into two room whose longest side is the direction you want the robot to travel would have the same effect. Then choose both rooms under room cleaning and the unit should do them both going in the direction you want.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turb02
Welcome to Roborock Forum