Just got an S4Max. Few questions

Just got an S4Max. Few questions

Brand new to robotic vacs so I may have alot of questions coming soon.

First of all, great vac so far. I've done our first floor and it was very nice. After it's initial run, will it always do the same route? I just noticed that is got through 3/4 of my kitchen and then went the opposite way to do more of the downstairs and then went back to that 1/4 it left and did it. Seems a bit inefficient.

I think I saved the map correctly. Went in and labeled it. What is the purpose of labeling? I just made it 2 large areas. One is Living Room and the other kitchen. DO I need to go back in and divide them and make foyer, hallways, etc?

It's doing my 2nd level now. Can I buy another docking station and have it return to the appropriate one (depending on which floor its on) in the future?

On the second level right now, i closed off two rooms and a bathroom. If I decide to open one or all of them on a future vacuuming session, will it update the existing map? Or will it ignore those rooms?

Does anyone suggest getting a third party warranty? Suggestions?

Thanks for any answers or info.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

For the first question, on its initial run, the device will clean by 4*4 square. Once you've divided the rooms, it will clean room by room. First the edge, and then a zig-zag path in the middle.

Lablelling the rooms mainly helps you recognize where the device is working now. You can also using it to work with alexa and google home to let the device clean a specific room via voice commands.

For the multiple level, normally you don't need a second dock since the device can go back to the starting point once it's finished cleaning. But with a second dock, the device is still able to recognize where it is and dock properly.

For the second level mapping, it can enter the room in the next clenaing sessions. But they may take grey color, and you'll need to click re-split room button to give them color. So we ususally suggest you keep all doors open during initial mapping. In later cleaning sessions you can use the room mapping feature.

Currently we don't have the info about a 3rd party warranty.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Dad
Welcome to Roborock Forum