S4 Max won't go beyond a point in the house

S4 Max won't go beyond a point in the house

See attached screenshot. The entire map created by roborock stops along a vertical line on the right hand side across the entire house. There are areas beyond that line that the roborock won't access at all. (I created an invisibile wall to force it to stay on this side of the house.) Why is the roborock not mapping beyond that vertical line on the right hand side?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Here is another screenshot with more progress. You can see how the roborock does not go beyond a certain point in the blue and orange rooms. It is almost like it has created a barrier for itself. What is going on here.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/16/2021      16:43
    @Dan Jones:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Are you referring to the area hihglighted below?

Could you please use an app to test the magnetic strength of that area and compare it with that of other areas?

Step 1. Search Magnetic Detector Lite on App Store (for iOS) or Magnetic Detector (for android) on Google Play and install the app.

Step 2. Move your phone from normal place to the area where the robot didn't enter to see if the level of magnetic rises sharply. Please lay down to the robot's height and move the phone to every place in the suspicious area several times as the app might not be very sensitive.

Like0
    Dan Jones
    Dan Jones12/17/2021      22:44
    @RR_Support:

Thank you for the suggestion. I downloaded two apps to test it. The magnetic field varies between 50 uT to 53 uT around the point the robot stops. It is between 46 to 49 uT in other rooms where I don't see a problem. Is 50 uT somehow a magic number? That doesn't sound right.

Also, each time I vacuum, it seems to do less and less of the room. Here is a video of the most recent cleaning. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5BeVHrjsPqHtYM34hqHlqHdEqDaq2/view?usp=sharing Compare it to the pics of the map above. This also makes me think it is not related to the magnetic field.

Thanks.

Like0
    Dan Jones
    Dan Jones12/18/2021      02:35
    @RR_Support:

Also, you are right. I am referring to the area you have highlighted in the picture.

Like0
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dan Jones
Welcome to Roborock Forum