S7 and 7 separate areas to clean

S7 and 7 separate areas to clean

Hi, I almost bought S7 but I was warned by Roborock service in Poland that it will not work in my scenario. Just want to ensure this is true (as hard to believe).

I have 7 rooms/areas to be cleaned and there is no possibility to drive in to each room (stairs and big doorsteps). Can this device operate in such an enviroment? Of course i would carry robot to each room and press "clean".

I know that this device supports ONLY (why as little?) 4 maps. But can I store these 4 maps for 4 main rooms and clean another 3 rooms ocassionally with no mapping? And I do not want to overwrite stored maps.

Please reply if robot can opera in such a scenenario without my pain.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Sorry to tell you that the device may not work properly in this senario. If the device is carried frequently, there's a chance that the exsiting map will get messed up and the robot may have some positioning issues. We usually suggest customers let the device finish the cleaning process all on its own. The device's maximum climibing ability is 2 cm. If the doorstep is just a bit higher, you can try and set up some mat or other helper so that the device can cross over by itself.

We don't suggest you save multiple maps for the same floor because the device may get confused. In other rooms when cleaning, the maps may be overwrritten.

Like0
    bikej
    bikej01/28/2022      11:04
    @RR_Support:

Thanks for reply. It's a pity as I was very decided to purchase this model:/ I hoped that there is a simple cleaning mode with no map creation.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member02/05/2022      15:07
    @bikej:

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We regret and apologize that the cleaning mode you mentioned are currently not available. I will forward this to the relevant team. Hopefully, they will be able to manage them in the future, though I cannot say for certain when or if this will occur.

Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

bikej
Welcome to Roborock Forum