S7+ Erratic behavior since firmware upgrade

S7+ Erratic behavior since firmware upgrade

Hello,

I have the S7+ and loved it prior to the last firmware update (v2.14.44).

Since the update, my vacuum cleans erratically at best. It will go into a room, do several circles in that room, go into another room and start on the other room, and then come back to the first room. (See attached photo of it going from one room to another room doing circles)

It will run into things (never did this before). It has gotten stuck on a door jam several times (never did this before), it has had several vertical bumper errors, when nothing is around it (never did this before). It just stops and says something is pressing on the bumper.

This device was AMAZING prior to the firmware update. Now it is no better than the Roomba i9 that it replaced.

I have messaged support several times in the last 2 days and gotten no response.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Normally the firmware update won't cause the device's behaviour to be in such a mess. The cleaning route doesn't seem normal.

May I know if you've tried to delete the current map and creat a new map?

Besides, please check if there's anything stuck inside the device's wheels.

Like0
  • I’m having the same issue.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member11/10/2022      03:35
    @Heather:

Hi, thanks for reaching out.

Normally the firmware update won't cause the device's behaviour to be in such a mess. The cleaning route doesn't seem normal.

May I know if you've tried to delete the current map and creat a new map? If the map is messy, this issue is likely to happen.

Besides, please check if there's anything stuck inside the device's wheels.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Robert Price
Welcome to Roborock Forum