Create map with or without movable objects in place?

Create map with or without movable objects in place?

I’m awaiting delivery of a Roborock S5 Max which I plan to setup with the Xaiomi Home app (so I can use with Home Assistant too), however, I’m looking for some advice on how to prepare my home for the initial mapping… my question is:

is it better to take away removable objects and allow the S5 Max to map the entire space, then as it’s cleaning use it’s sensors to detect the objects OR is it better to create the map with the objects in place, then if we move them in the future, to create a new map?

The objects in question are things like chairs, dogs bed, foot stool etc which may move to different areas of the home. If I remove them for mapping, I’d get a true map of the room but the robot would need to detect them on every cleaning cycle.

Thoughts from support and others users appreciated! 🙂

JB

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• So no-one from Roborock support wants to respond? - Hmm, that doesn’t bode well if I need any further support! - maybe I made the wrong choices in brand!?!?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/12/2022      12:25
    @JB:

Hi, thanks for reaching out and we're sorry for the late response.

For the inquiry, usually the robot is able to relearn the environment every time when it's started for cleaning. We'd suggest you put the obstacles in place to create the map. You just need to tidy up the smalle obstacles like toy, wires which may cause the robot to be stuck.

Besides, please put the robot's dock in an area with relatively fixed environment where the furniture doesn't get moved freqently. This can make sure that the robot can find its position correctly on the map when it's started to clean.

Best regards.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

JB
Welcome to Roborock Forum