How do I delete a room?

How do I delete a room?

I am using a Roborock S7. Recently the maps have added two new rooms that do not exist. I can not seem to find a way to delete these new rooms.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Same problem. I left a door opened and the LiDAR map part of the outside as an extension of the room. I split this room and create a new room for the outside in hope that I would be able to delete it. No luck here either .

Like2
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/31/2022      16:45
    @Solar eBike:

Thanks for posting. We're sorry that deleting room is currently not available.

We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback. We will forward your requet to the tech team and hope they can address it soon.

Like0
    Debbie Robo
    Debbie Robo11/30/2023      15:13
    @RR_Support:

Same issure here. The vacuum thought the front porch was a room. Sure would be nice to edit the map once it's complete. I did section it off so that it wouldn't try to go outside. :-) Just would like the option to edit the map and delete the outside. Thanks!

Like2
  • Hi, thanks for reaching out.

We're sorry to tell you that currently there's no option to delete a room. If the robot keeps trying to enter the non-exist room, you may set up an invisible wall or no-go zone to prevent it from trying to enter.

Like0
  • Using Roborock Q8 max and am experiencing the same issue of “rooms” being identified outside my house. I did the workarounds with invisible walls and room splits, but I would still like to delete the outside areas behind our sliding glass doors. I’ve seen this request posted on other forums going back several years—please consider this feature in a future software update.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member01/20/2024      20:19
    @aggieash:

Thanks for posting. We're always looking for ways to improve the user experience and we appreciate your feedback.

For more help, feel free to reach out to our support team at support@roborock.com(if you are in EU, contact support@roborock-eu.com).

Like0
    Sam
    Sam03/09/2024      01:03
    @RR_Support:

It's been two years buddy, just do your job and add the feature that everyone is clearly asking for for the LAST TWO YEARS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roborock/comments/vnh6vq/does_anyone_know_how_to_delete_a_room_my_back/

Like1
    Sam
    Sam03/09/2024      01:07
    @RR_Support:

Mirror issue posts are all over the place, what are yall doing if you are "always looking for ways to improve the user experience"?

https://forum.roborock.com/discussion/3982/mirror-problems/p1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roborock/search/?q=mirror&type=link&cId=6c29774f-e12c-402c-964b-33ed90d68c59&iId=c144a81f-6fbc-4d64-b689-0088f1bcc452

Like1
    Load More >>

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BobK
Welcome to Roborock Forum