Questions about roborock S7 or other

Questions about roborock S7 or other

Dear,

I have some questions before i buy a Roborock S7, S7+, S7MaxV or S7 Pro Ultra. Is there one of these Vacuum Cleaners suitable for my home? We have floor tiles, laminate flooring and one black carpet with one inch high pile. I read in old posts that black carpet is a problem for all the robots. It sees the black as a cliff and does not clean. Is this still the case? Next is that i read thad the side brushes of the S7/S7+ robot get stuck in the piles of the carpet. Other brushes could solve the problem (S5 Max) For me it is important it cleans the whole room. So my question is, do you have a Roborock which meets all my requirements specially when it comes to this black Carpet?

Thx for your answer, Frank

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Can somebody answer, i would like to order?

Like0
  • Hi, thanks for posting. According to the picture you sent us, the carpet is not just black, but also a high pile carpet. It's hard to say for sure whether these models can work well for the following reasons:

1. The long hair will cover the cliff sensors. The robot will mistake the carpet as a cliff and won't clean that area.

2. The long hair may get entangled into the robot's main brush, wheels, and side brush, which will cause the robot to be unable to move.

Like0
    Frank
    Frank09/27/2022      18:34
    @RR_Support:

Thx for your answer. We tried today a Roborock Q7 max of a friend of mine. Just to see if it goes on the carpet. And if it runs over the whole carpet. And i must say i was surprised it was doing so well. Even with the silicone front brush. Now i need to decide which model i have to order. Any suggestions?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member10/07/2022      10:46
    @Frank:

Hi, thanks for your updates. That's really a surprise! The model S7, S7Max, S7 Pro ultra uses the same brush. For the carpet recognition feature, they're basically the same as the Q7max. They mainly differ in other specs. Here's a link that can help you choose:

https://us.roborock.com/pages/help-me-choose

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frank
Welcome to Roborock Forum