Alexa Integration with two robots is awful

Alexa Integration with two robots is awful

Have owned an s5 max for awhile and the Alexa integration worked OK with the RoboRock Plus skill. Was able to start, stop, clean specific rooms, etc.

Recently decided to upgrade with a Q Revo for downstairs and an S8+ for upstairs. Recently purchased the Q Revo, but have not yet ordered the S8+.

However, with two robots linked through the Robo Rock skill (S5max and Q Revo), the Alexa integration has become terrible. Instead of simply asking Alexa to start cleaning, or stop, or clean a specific room like I did when I only had the S5max, it requires a long back and forth conversation to get anything done. The skill description suggests that you can designate which robot performs an action by using the robots name. (e.g. ask robo rock to start cleaning with "bobby"), but this seems to do nothing.

The actual RoboRock app works well, but in everyday life I control the vacuum exclusively through Alexa routines.

Maybe there's a step I'm missing. Is there some way to perform specific actions with specific robots through a single Alexa command? (e.g. something like what the skill description describes - "ask robo rock to clean the kitchen with "bobby")

If not I think I need to return the Q Revo (glad I haven't ordered the S8+ yet) and look for a pair of robot vacuums that will work better with Alexa.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

nem
Welcome to Roborock Forum