Q Revo massive mapping errors

Q Revo massive mapping errors

Hello,

I recently purchased a Q revo which I am unable to use due to mapping errors.

The robot is supposed to be used in a single room of 150 sqm size. Even PVC surface, no furniture, 3 pillars, walls are flat and even, nothing reflective, no mirrors.

Issue 1: Initial Mapping

The initial mapping without cleaning process fails every time. I tried it more than 30(!) times now, resetted the whole unit multiple times, but it always fails for the simple reason, that after mapping, the robot is unable to return to the base. It just locates itself in the wrong spot and drives around for hours, which results in failure of the mapping process.

Issue 2: Mapping while cleaning

The mapping with initial cleaning works 50% of the time. Sometimes the robot cleans the whole room, but while returning to the base locates itself in the wrong position after cleaning (I did this process for > 30 times now!) and is unable to return to the base as mentioned in issue 1. Sometimes the mapping is succesful BUT:

Issue 3:

The robot is finding spaces that do not exist due to wrong self positioning during the cleaning process.

Please have a look at the images attached. No-Go zones, walls etc. do not help as the robot is just showing wrong self positioning.

I cleaned the sensors, I removed every piece of furniture or obstacles, I did not move the station, pick up the robot during cleaning/mapping - nothing There is nothing. It is just an empty room. Still the Robot is unable to locate itself correctly. I urgently need help as the situation is completely unacceptable.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• As you can see from the images the robot finds new grey areas during EVERY cleaning process.

Why is it even doing this? If the room is mapped correctly, why does it scan for new areas and tries to enter these? And how can I achieve correct self positioning?

I used a Dreame D9 before. This unit was able to self-position in the same room within seconds. The Q Revo is driving around brainless for hours, not even being able to get close to the base station. It even tries docking to walls

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member09/09/2023      09:29
    @BeezNeez:

Thaks for your posting.

Our robot doesn't fit house with few furniture. The robot is using laser to recognize the plan of room. Therefore, it needs reference object to locate itself. If the place is clear without some objects or no objects at all, robot will not know where it is and it will cause a lot of issue like wrong map, recharge failure.

The robot is not defective. It's a product designed for ordinary house use only.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BeezNeez
Welcome to Roborock Forum