Can't Communicate of 5g wi-fi

Can't Communicate of 5g wi-fi

I jus received the E20 model and started to try it out. It works well. But then I downloaded the phone app for android and found out the vacuum can only communicate with the phone using 2.4g wi-fi, but my wi-fi router/gateway only uses 5g, so I cannot use all the functions to control the vacuum from either of my phones.

This forces me to return the vacuum.

I would like to know of another model comparable in price and function to the E20 but that can use a 5g wi-fi signal, but am having trouble finding it in any advertised listing.

I like the vacuum, but since the E20 can only communicate using 2.4g which is outdated, the vacuum is useless to me without access to all the functions.

So again, which models can also use 5g wi-fi?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Just to clarify, I am not talking about the new 5g cellular data, but the 2.4GHz vs. 5 GHz wi-fi signal. I downloaded the Roborock phone app for android but the phone could not communicate with the E20 vacuum because the vacuum only uses the 2.4GHz signal whereas my router only uses the 5GHz signal.

Is there any other workaround, or do you have another model that uses the current 5GHz wi-fi technology?

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/13/2019      07:37
    @New Owner:

Hi, robot could only be connected to 2.4 GHz wifi yet.

Like0
  • CANCEL THIS & DELETE, PLEASE LET ME REPOST

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Owner
Welcome to Roborock Forum