Roborock s6 problem

Roborock s6 problem

Hi, for the roborock s6, I have moved the dock to a new place in the map. The roborock doesn't go to the new dock instead in traces back to the old dock in the map and continues to search for it until it finds the dock. The problem is once it finds the new dock it doesn't update the new location of the new dock. Do I need to update the entire map or is there a simple function to switch the dock to a new area?

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• We are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Did you start robot from the dock after changing the position? If the location of dock didn't update automatically, it is suggested to reset current map and do a full cleaning again to create a correct map.

Like0
  • Hi,

I have the S5 version and i already moved the dock several times and after a while the icon upded in the map. After the 3.5.7_002008 upgrade that introced the rooms (many thanks for this option) i can't update the dock in the map.

I tried to restart the dock, vacuum, nothing solves.

I can't do the reset map now because i have works in my home and can't make the discovery. Exists any other way to solve it?

Thanks and regards

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member04/24/2020      07:20
    @mikyboy:

Hi, Mikyboy, may I suggest you reset the factory defaults and check if anything change?

Step 1. Hold the recharge button for 3-5 seconds.

Step 2. Use a pin to press the reset button next to wifi LED just once,and power button, recharge and spot cleaning button's light will be out. When you are doing this, please make sure recharge button is still under your finger's holding without moving.

Step 3. Keep holding recharge button for 5 seconds after you press reset button until power button blinks again and you hear the tone "Restoring the initial version. It will take about five minutes. Please wait patient", and then you could remove the finger.

Notice:

1. Factory default restore will disconnect RoboVac from wifi. Please re-add it after factory default restore.

2. Factory default restore will also make RoboVac's firmware version come back to original one when it was made in factory. After factory default restore, you could go to RoboVac's setting--general setting--check for updates to upgrade its firmware to latest one.

3. Factory default restore will delete all your setting on device like scheduled cleaning.

4. Factory default restore will delete every single cleaning's log including every cleaning's duration, size and map. But the total duration, total times of cleaning and total size will be still kept there.

Thank you.

Like0
    pmduque
    pmduque05/11/2020      12:58
    @RR_Support:

I had exactly the same problem with my S5 (S552-0).

I followed the suggested procedure and now I get the message "boot failure - it will take about 5 minute to start restoring the initial version, please be patient" in loop. The device is inoperative.

Please advise!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member05/12/2020      08:58
    @pmduque:

Hi Pmduque, sorry for the inconvenience, for this issue, may I suggest you contact with support@roborock.com and send the details of the issue to them? we are afraid the problem won't be solved by a simple answer, and you could receive more troubleshooting via email Thank you.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

benson
Welcome to Roborock Forum