S5 Max No Mopping Zone Issue

S5 Max No Mopping Zone Issue

Dear RR,

I have had my S5 Max now for about a month and love it! Thank you for providing such a great product at an attainable price. However I have one issue that maybe I feel some coding "if" statements could be changed and an update could be pushed to resolve.

Lets take a square hardwood floor room with a carpet. If room is set with a "No Mopping Zone" on carpet and mopping attachment is installed, the S5 Max will not go over that area where "No Mopping Zone" has been placed. Now how I would image this to work is if carpet is set for "No Mopping Zone" and room is saved to have Turbo and Full Water application (for example), once the robot reaches the no mopping zone it turns water off (while on no mopping zone) and turns water back on once out of no mopping zone.

The reason this has become frustrating is because if I set my RR to clean everyday at 1 for instance, I will always have to take off mopping attachment once I am home and have it finish vacuuming and clean the room again. Can this be resolved?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and thanks again!

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Thanks for your praise on our product.

If you set no mop zone on carpet and install mopping module, robot will not enter that zone. No-mop zone becomes invalid when mopping module removed. So it is suggested to vacuum your house without mopping module first. If you would like to mop, remember to install mopping module and set no mop zone for carpeted area. Your feedback about no mop zone is much appreciated and we will forward to tech team.

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CHS5Max
Welcome to Roborock Forum