S8 Won't go underneath furniture

S8 Won't go underneath furniture

The all new S8 wont go underneath furniture even though there is adequate clearance. This is a major flaw. Upto 20% of bedrooms and living rooms aren't being cleaned. For pet owners this is especially important. Please add a "go zone" boundary map option that overrides the lidar.

I am disappointed roborock released a product costing over $1500 with this major flaw. I understand after reading thru posts this failure mode has been a complaint for years.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Yeah, it’s absolutely ridiculous. I replaced a Eufy with my S8. Now I’ll need to use both so I can get to the pet hair under the furniture. Agree on adding a “go zone.”

Like0
  • I think my issue is related- after the last update my s7 max+ still not clean under the kitchen cabinet edges. I've done a fair amount of reading about it online and apparently it's related to the Lidar that seems to think any shadow of the overhanging cabinet, or in your case the shadow of the furniture, makes Roborock think its a cliff and won't go there, even though it would clearly fit. This is super frustrating-

Like0
    Angie
    Angie02/02/2024      13:51
    @Angie:

I've now turned off the "reactive obstacle avoidance" - fingers crossed it'll help(?)

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

burns375
Welcome to Roborock Forum