S5 max avoid black long hair carpets

S5 max avoid black long hair carpets

At home we do have a long hair carpet and the S5 max stops in front and doesn't clean it at all. It seems that the robot thinks it a deep dark hole. Will be a software update available in the future to solve this annoying issue? I don't want to replace my carpet only for the robot.

You can share this article on the community website!

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

• Same issue here, carpet with black lines and S6 pure is totally confused, would be nice to add feature into the app to simply turn off cliff sensors. I have no stairs at my flat. A bit disappointed :(

Like0
  • I have a very thick black carpet and I am pleased the robot doesn't try to go over it. S6 Maxv. The AI sometimes recognises bits of it as an unknown obstacle.

So, whatever solution that is found it should optional and under user control.

Looking at the suggestions I think combining some of them might be good.

Eg Optional safe zone where the user can select which hazard avoidance features can be turned off and which should stay on.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/22/2020      14:02
    @Mark:

Gotcha, noted that.

Like0
  • Dear RR_Support support. There are many users asking for firmware updates with disable cliff sensors option or enable GO zone for carpets. Every time when a topic or request has been made for that, you told us that you will forward it to our RD team. You are designing the roborock vacuum cleaner series for a long time and even that many users ask for this update you haven't done anything!

What should be done in order to do this so simple update? Just do the update! Putting tape under the sensors is a ridiculous proposal from the support!!

Just DO THE UPDATE!

Like0
  • I have an s55 and even today you failed to solve the problem of carpets ??!!!!! implement in the application something like "go there it's safe!!!"

Like0
  • just to add my voice to this. Please change this NOW!

It has to be the lawyers, that are stopping you lot from making this change, which makes no sense because staff are recommending methods to defeat them.

This is limiting sales and damaging referrals. I have disabled the sensors on my S5, but this will not be so easy on the S7, so I won’t be buying another one or recommending it to others.

Like0
  • Hi, same issue. Please create and option too disable sensors or create "Safe zones". It's annoying to pay so much for something to not vacuum a huge rug.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/01/2021      05:59
    @DisableSenors:

Hi, thanks for you all for your suggestions.

We've forwarded the feedback to our tech team, and hope the issue will be addressed soon.

Best regards.

Like0
  • Same issue here, just got a S4Max. I had a Neato D3 before and never had this issue, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to return this unit and go with a Neato again unfortunately. It really is a shame that you can't turn the cliff sensors in the app, since everything else is so good about the app. You're probably losing a lot of business because of this issue.

Like0
  • I'm having same issue with my s6 max. It will stop working on black area on the carpet.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/06/2021      14:08
    @trinh63:

Hi, thanks for your reaching out.

Is the carpet a thin one or a high-pile one? Maybe you can send us a picture to show the carpet so that we can check if that's caused by the cliff sensor or not.

Like0
  • Is this issue resolved. I am facing this same issue with s4 max.

Like0
  • Is this issue resolved. I am facing this same issue with s4 max.

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member12/27/2021      00:39
    @Rk:

Our vacuum may not work on some deep color carpets or carpet with different color patterns, because the carpet will absorb light, which will make device misidentify the carpet as a cliff and avoid to clean the carpet.

Unfortunately, there is no switch on hardware or software to disable cliff sensors which are necessary in most occasions. If they can be disabled, there's the risk that the device may fall down stairs if customer forgets to turn it back on, which may damage the device itself, floor or furniture.

Hope you can understand and forgive this drawback.

If you really hope to disable it, you could try to use white tags to cover all sensors lightly.

But make sure the tags doesn't interfere other parts like side brush, charging contact and front bumper. Besides, it may cause some other potential risks like falling on stair or other errors.

Here is a tutorial video for your reference.

https://youtu.be/2COdoiUkO1o

Like0
  • It’s surprising how after more than 2 years this is still a problem. No ETA on when this is going to be fixed? Mine was working fine but yesterday I bought a new carpet and now I have issues. Trying to get a solution online I found this thread where everybody face the same problem and still nobody has done anything to fix in more than 2 years. Common, listen to your consumers!

Like0
    RR_Support
    RR_SupportStaff Member07/29/2022      14:23
    @RatonH:

Hi, thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We will forward the request to the tech and hope they can find a resolution soon.

Our vacuum may not work on some deep color carpets or carpet with different color patterns, because the carpet will absorb light, which will make device misidentify the carpet as a cliff and avoid to clean the carpet.

Unfortunately, there is no switch on hardware or software to disable cliff sensors which are necessary in most occasions. If they can be disabled, there's the risk that the device may fall down stairs if customer forgets to turn it back on, which may damage the device itself, floor or furniture.

If you really hope to disable it, you could try to use white tags to cover all sensors lightly.

But make sure the tags doesn't interfere other parts like side brush, charging contact and front bumper. Besides, it may cause some other potential risks like falling on stair or other errors.

Here is a tutorial video for your reference.

https://youtu.be/2COdoiUkO1o

Like0

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kotiks
Welcome to Roborock Forum